(What I imagine is playing in the background of this summer)
Hey everyone! I can say with a relief that spring semester is over. Finals kind of roughed me up a bit, but I am all the more ready for summer. Academically, this semester was challenging and tiring. 17 credits was a lot to handle and my grades weren’t spectacular, but I would take B’s and A minuses over anything because I survived and it’s finally all over! I had the most wonderful and crazy experiences and memories and have met some amazing people. I’m going to miss my dorm because I’ve spent 2 years there and I have no idea where I’m living in August, but that’s all on the back burner for the next couple of months.
My summer plans are to really not have any plans. I’m not taking a summer class which is the best news anyone could hear from me, because if you were up to date with my life happenings last year around this time, you would know that I was a mess emotionally. Thankfully, there’s no one to get dumped by or be heartbroken over for months. I don’t have time for a boyfriend, and who wants to be held down in the summer of the beginning of their 20s? Not I. I have goals but have no order in which I plan on tackling them. So here’s my list of what I want to be doing:
- Learning how to drive (It’s about that time…)
- Reading as many books as possible – I used to read so often
- Make as much money as possible
- Go the beach as often as possible
- Run on a schedule – I started this schedule a while ago but couldn’t keep up with it because of school. I recently ran my first race (a 5K) so I feel that I can dedicate 2 miles at the start! I need to workout more anyway and I kind of enjoy running (mostly the playlist running and my neon blue shoelaces…)
- See more of my friends
- Be crafty and make yummy food
- Blog once a week
This is my last real summer as next year I’ll be doing a summer class and working on getting into dental school. I’m going to enjoy it as much as I can, and I can’t wait to see what’s to come ahead in the next few months. I’m starting work tomorrow at the chocolate store and trying to figure out balancing my other job at ODU. I’m off to sleep now, goodnight blog universe!